Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Simple Woman's Day


The Simple Woman's Day

Out my window... I see a grill that needs to be cleaned, toys that need to be picked up, weeds that need to be pulled. I see work.

I am thinking... about my to-do list and wondering why I am not doing it.

I am thankful for... the girls are playing together without fighting

From the kitchen... new groceries but nothing for dinner

I am wearing... khaki shorts, brown top ( my uniform)

I am creating...reasons not to tackle my to do list

I am going... to spend the last summer days with my hubby and kids without over scheduling

I am reading... another Jodi Picoult book, Harvesting the Heart ( not one of my favorites) as well as A New Earth... I am still on chapter one hoping if I re-read it another time I will finally understand.

I am hoping... I can get our home and family organized before school starts

Around the house... are projects: photos to be put in albums, laundry to be away, toys to be donated...

One of my favorite things: a glass of wine and alone time with my husband

A few plans for the rest of the week: clean off my desk, make a real dinner, start my excercise routine, BE with my kids, say my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment